Fixed-Income Portfolio Assistant
We are seeking a Portfolio Assistant to join our two person, well-established Fixed-Income Portfolio Management team. Candidate should have portfolio management administrative skills to assist seasoned Portfolio Managers in all aspects of providing high-quality service to clients.
Job functions include establishing new accounts, trade processing and trade allocations, interfacing regularly with Shared Services (Trading, Client Services, New Accounts, Operations, Compliance). Familiarity with portfolio management systems and strong Excel skills desired. Ability to learn new, internal systems is a requirement.
Series 7, 63, and 52 required. Experience with Fixed Income and Bloomberg is a plus.
- Establishment and opening of new client accounts. Familiarity with various types of accounts and related requisite paperwork.
- Foster strong, collegial client relationships by ensuring prompt attention to service requests from existing clients (e.g., disbursement requests, address, name changes, etc).
- Maintenance of client portfolios on portfolio management system. Daily balancing of accounts between Pershing LLC (our Clearing House) and portfolio systems. Reconciliation of DVP accounts. Responsible for accuracy of cost basis information. Processing of requisite adjustments to system.
- Assist Portfolio Managers with trade processing. Allocation of transactions among investment advisory accounts.
- Client billing and account reconciliation
- Daily, frequent phone, email, and in-person interactions with clients. A friendly, professional manner required.
- Management of client meetings, preparation of meeting presentation materials and scheduling of meetings/calendar management skills needed.
- The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of financial services experience as a Portfolio Assistant in related asset or investment firm. Fixed-income portfolio experience a plus.
- Strong problem solver. Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Able to prioritize and plan work activities, change plans as needs dictate.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office – Word, PowerPoint, and especially Excel - ability to learn new software (e.g., GWP - Trading software), CRM and new software being introduced
- Very strong attention to detail is required and must be able to multi-task well and operate across different departments and groups internally.
- Able to take the initiative, but also follow direction on well-established team processes and routines.
- A firm grasp of oral and written communications.
- Work both independently and as a team member are key.
- 40 hours per week with overtime as needed
- Portfolio Assistant: 4+ years, Financial Services experience a must (Wealth or Asset Management)
- Required license or certification (or willing to become registered in first 90 days): Series 7, 63, and 52