Fixed Income Trader
First Manhattan Co. is seeking a Fixed Income Trader to work closely with our Fixed Income Portfolio Managers.
- Execute trades for all fixed income and related securities
- Assist Fixed Income Portfolio Managers in the management of customized fixed income portfolios
- Effectively manage relationships with the sell-side
- Reconcile trade blotters
- Collaborate with compliance department to adhere to FINRA and MSRB regulations
- Monitor and communicate developments in significant firm holdings
- Gather and communicate market intelligence in a way that is impactful to the investment process
- Provide additional trading support as needed
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five to ten years of applicable buy or sell-side fixed income trading experience. Preference for municipal bond trading background. Experience with multiple trading platforms is ideal. Strong interpersonal skills and a high level of accuracy is a prerequisite. Series 7 and 63 FINRA licenses are required.
As a firm, we are looking to deepen client and Street fixed income relationships. The preferred candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively -- internally and externally, both verbally and in writing. All candidates must be self-motivated and entrepreneurial as well as be able to work collegially and collaboratively with the current members of the Trading desk, the Director of Research, Analysts, and Portfolio Managers. The competitive selection process will focus on the candidate’s work experience, demonstrated analytical skills, energy, and personality/temperament.
The position offers cash compensation consisting of a base salary plus a performance-based bonus, depending upon the individual’s ability to impact and enhance the fixed income portfolio investment process.