Floater Portfolio Assistant
We are seeking a “Floater” Portfolio Assistant. This role moves from team to team to provide back-up coverage as needed to the Portfolio Manager’s Portfolio Assistants and their teams for vacations, leaves of absence, and project work.
The ideal candidate will hold a Business, Finance or Economic college graduate. Experience within a wealth or asset management firm for 3 years or more is ideal. Series 7/63 license is mandatory.
The right candidate must have strong administrative skills to assist the Portfolio Manager in all aspects of providing high-touch service to clients.
Primary functions include trade processing and spreadsheet modeling/processing, order entry, answering the phones. Given this role will be supporting a variety of teams and individuals, flexibility, adaptability and a willingness to learn new systems are key.
- Answering heavy volume client calls for Portfolio Managers
- Responding to basic client inquiries and resolving/escalating issues as needed
- Assisting the Portfolio Managers with day-to-day responsibilities
- Interfacing with clients to open new accounts, update account information, service accounts and complete and process necessary account forms
- Handling requests for transfer of funds in and out of client accounts (wires)
- Maintaining and updating information in the Firm’s CRM system
- Setting up and retrieving reports in the portfolio management system (GWP)
- Maintenance of client portfolios on portfolio management system, at the direction of the PM
- Assist with daily balancing of accounts between Pershing LLC and internal portfolio systems
- Reconciliations of DVP accounts for accuracy of cost basis information
- Assisting Poney Managers with trade processing, order entry and interfacing with trading desk as required
- Allocation of transactions among investment advisory accounts
Role is full time, 40 hours per week, benefits included (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k). Role at this time is hybrid (part time in the office/part time at home).