Municipal Bond Analyst/Portfolio Manager/Relationship Manager
First Manhattan is looking for an accomplished individual who has been acting as either an analyst/portfolio manager or as a relationship manager with extensive experience in municipal bonds, as well as other fixed-income asset classes. The candidate must have a strong work ethic, be a true entrepreneur, and be highly collaborative and interested in building a business that provides best-in-class results to existing and prospective clients.
Candidate Profile and Responsibilities
The position is based in New York and reports to the Head of Fixed Income. In addition to meeting the base requirement of extensive municipal bond experience, candidates will possess the attributes below.
- Employ an investment process that includes well-defined bottom-up, fundamental analysis of bond issuers and the associated risks and opportunities associated with specific bond issues.
- Collaborate with senior portfolio manager and fixed-income trader in the construction and management of SMAs comprised of municipal and investment grade corporate bonds, UST, and perpetual preferred securities.
- Candidates should have extensive experience with individual bond selection.
- Must be an exceptional communicator, especially with HNW retail client base.
- Work closely with internal and external clients to understand and help meet investment objectives.
- Enthusiasm for raising assets. While asset gathering is not a requirement for this role, the ideal candidate will show promise in their ability to attract new clients to the firm.
- High level of comfort developing and making presentations and pitching fixed-income investment solutions to existing and prospective First Manhattan clients.
- All fixed-income team members work collaboratively together and with colleagues on the equities side, sharing clients, as well as research investment ideas.
Strong track record:
- Demonstrated success preserving capital and generating positive investment performance as a hands-on fixed-income analyst.
Well-defined investment process:
- Helping clients achieve their long-term investment objectives through a risk-averse, research-driven investment strategy.
Other key attributes:
- Firm grasp of micro factors that drive fixed-income markets and the ability to explain complex concepts to others.
- A broad and deep network of industry contacts.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Extremely strong attention to detail.
The new hire will be expected to acquire all required broker and investment advisor licenses within four months of start date. Licensed applicants who have passed both the Series 7 and 52 exams and have earned either an MBA or the CFA or CFP designation will be strongly considered.