Trading Operations/Trading Desk Assistant
First Manhattan Co. is looking to grow its Trading Operations team. This position will initially focus on back-office operations, including reconciliations, clearing and settlements of trades, and real-time interaction with the Firm’s traders. After a trial period of employment, the responsibilities of this role could expand to general trading activities and assisting senior traders.
- Four-year college degree with a focus in Business, Mathematics, or Computer Science.
- General knowledge related to the trading of public securities with a focus on equities.
- Understanding of back-office functionality, with a particular emphasis on trade reporting, clearing, and settlements.
- Must be a high-energy team player with a positive attitude, determination, and dedication to both the role and the Trading Desk's broader team responsibilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask with accuracy while maintaining a sense of professionalism.
- Immaculate attention to detail and confidence in managing and interpreting technical data.
- Ability to proactively identify problems or potential risks and provide solutions within established back-office and trading systems.
- Superior communication skills and the ability to collaborate with Trading Desk staff and supervisors.
- Strict adherence to regulatory and in-house compliance requirements.
- Advanced computer literacy with strong proficiency in Excel required.
- Candidate has ideally either been trained on an equities trading desk on the sell-side or has been in a back-office/operations role on a buy-side equities trading desk.
Required licenses or Certifications
- Series 7, 63, and 57 licenses (or be able to pass all three exams within the first three months of employment).
- Certification or proficiency in Bloomberg preferred.
- 2–5 years
- $85,000- $95,000
- Offered benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, and participation in the Firm's 401(k) plan along with a generous match.